Thursday, December 20, 2012

Anniversary Fun!

Hi All! Going to try and take some tips from Renegade and make this post a little shorter than the last.  Brief is better right?

Last Saturday was Mike and I's 16th year anniversary. Yes, you heard me correctly. 16 years. I really wasn't sure what the heck we were going to do to celebrate. Quite a few years ago, I had figured we would be getting married on this day. Little did I know back then that time is such a huge factor in life.

The paper bag of shame!

We got an early start on the anniversary by going out to dinner at one of my favorite hometown bars, Clubhouse BFD. They specialize in local and craft beers and have a great menu of good old comfort foods. I ordered a Christmas Ale from Goose Island and Mikey fretted over the beer menu until he finally settled on a Bud Light. What can I say, he's never been an adventurous beer drinker. For starters we had Jameson sautéed onions over cheese & potato pierogies. I had the mac n'cheese while Mike enjoyed the pretzel burger (habanero jack cheese and crispy bacon on a salted pretzel bun).  

Friday I had some NSO business to take care of, but Saturday morning we got up and decided to take a trip down to the Henry Ford Museum. It had been a really long time since Mike had been there, and a decent time for me as well.  I had really wanted to do the Greenfield Village Holiday Nights, but the event was sold out for that weekend. We had a good time looking at all of the old cars, trains and period pieces. One of my favorite exhibits has always been the American Democracy &Civil Rights Collection. With information and items from Lincoln's abolition of slavery, to Women's Suffrage, to the Civil Rights Movement of the 1960s.


Funny WWII propaganda
We had to head back to the Rochester area since Mike's mom had a slight plumbing emergency, but while driving home we came up with a plan to do dinner at Toby Keith's I Love This Bar and a movie at Great Lakes Crossing.  

After a brief pause in the anniversary excitement, we rushed up to GLC and had dinner. We're not exactly the fanciest of people so beer out of a mason jar, a pulled pork sammie, nachos, and some sweet potato tater tots were on the menu for us. We were able to just finish up in time to rush on over to the theater to catch what seemed like an hour of previews. Finally in keeping with the historic theme, we saw Steven Spielberg's Lincoln. We both greatly enjoyed the movie. I really didn't expect so many laugh out loud moments. 

We came home and were both actually quite tired, and had another busy day a head of us. It was a fun little anniversary with only a few little hiccups, but nothing is ever perfect. If he ever gets around to putting that ring on my finger I will be sure to let you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment