Monday, November 5, 2012

A New Beginning

I am tired.

I am tired of waking up every morning and hitting the expressway before the sun even comes up. I am tired of sitting in my drab, beige cubical and staring at spreadsheets.  I'm tired of the way the florescent light beams down on the photographs and small toys I use to brighten my work day, while the daylight fades behind tall buildings outside.

I want to write. More importantly, I want to write for a living. I want to live my own schedule, be my own boss and do my own work when I want to. I want to work from home, where I don't have to worry about the co-worker peering at my monitor from the copy machine, or noting the time I walk in the door in the morning.

I'm tired of my job.

I've had a few blogs in my life, one that was even slightly successful in the fact that I did start earning some cash from Google Ad-sense.  So why am I starting again?  To be honest, I don't really know.  Maybe this time will be different. Maybe I will convince myself to really work at this one and get a following.  I don't know that right now. But I am trying it anyhow.

My plan is to keep this blog on a more general subject matter, and see where it takes me.  I think part of what held back my Diesel Stomping blog is that it was too specific and it took a lot of effort to keep it fresh and new.  I am hoping with this blog that I can keep it simple and just write what I know.  That's what you're supposed to do right?

So a little bit about me.  I just recently turned 30.  I hold a Bachelors in Applied Science - Business Administration.  I work full time as a "Cash Analyst" which is just a fancy way of saying I match payments from our customers to our invoices. I live in Metro Detroit, in a small city, near major expressways.  I have a boyfriend of nearly 16 years, and the best German Shepherd you could ask for.  I'm still pretty close with my family, and have a few really good friends. In the evenings and on weekends I volunteer as a Non-Skating Official (NSO) for the Detroit Derby Girls, the longest running, highest ranked, women's flat track roller derby team in Michigan.  I love to travel. I love movies, tv and music of just about any kind of genre. I like to be outdoors, I like to be indoors. I am fairly outgoing and willing to try just about anything once, especially food.  Also, as you might have guessed, I love zombies and robots, but more on that later.

I'm getting all of the bugs worked out on the site, but soon it will have a link to it's own Facebook page, a Twitter feed, Google+ Page, and maybe some pictures/video.   If you have any words of encouragement, tips, suggestions or questions, please feel free to leave a comment below. Thanks for stopping by.

Pitzy

2 comments:

  1. RE: words of encouragement, tips, suggestions or questions... Just this, write for yourself! True stories are engaging and fun to read. You are genuine and people like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Doug, I hope I continue to have you as a reader :)

      Delete