Thursday, January 17, 2013

Stark White, Natural White, Ivory or Champagne?

This past weekend I had the pleasure of joining my mother, and fellow bridesmaids as we shopped for my sister Jessica's wedding dress.

My sister Jessica has been dating a real sweet guy, Brian for quite a few years now.  They have been engaged for a while now, but they opted to wait until they had bought a house before they started planning the wedding.  Well, they bought a house over the summer and so a date for this autumn was set.  It was only a matter of time before all of the planning would begin.

Surprisingly, the planning has been going pretty smooth. She has all of her centerpieces bought, and she has been working on the guest list and seating chart. And now, the dress.

My cousin Amber, my sister Jerrica, Brian's sister Amanda and I will be her bridesmaids.  We ventured out to a bridal shop and amongst way too many people my sister managed to try on 5 or 6 dresses and we all critiqued them and suggested different cuts, colors, and fabrics. Wouldn't you know it was the last one she tried on that would be The Dress.  And it fits her very well, needs just a few alterations, but its my sister's style and personality. Not to mention it looks comfortable enough to spend an evening in.

While my sister was paying for her dress and scheduling a fitting, the rest of us browsed the bridesmaid dresses.  We each picked one in the color my sister wants, and in the same fabric, but she gave us the option to choose a fitting that we think will be most flattering for our varied body styles. We decided to come back in June and do a fitting and order the dresses. You know to give us all time to lose those few extra pounds we all say we're going to lose. Yea... My mother also looked around the mother-of-the-bride dresses too, but they all pretty much look the same to me.

Over lunch we discussed invitations, the shower and what to do for the bachelorette party.  Hard to believe my kid sister is going to be a married woman by the end of the year. I am so very proud of her! And feeling incredibly old!

I would include a picture but come on now that would spoil the surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment