Friday, January 11, 2013

Missed Deadlines - But Awesome Prevailed

Whoops! I missed my own deadline of posting a new blog on Thursday.  I am trying to stick by a schedule this year. 

And if you are wondering why I missed my own deadline, it's because I had to go to the movies. And I really mean had to. 

Last weekend was another fun adventure in the derbyverse.  Saturday was another Detroit Derby Girls double-header. This one featured two hard faught bouts; one between the Grand Prix Madonnas and the Devils Night Dames, the other between The Pistolwippers and the DFunk Allstars.  I scoreboarded the first bout with little to no issues, and for the second, I made my debut as Jam Timer.  I think I did pretty good, though after watching the bout footage, boy do I need to lose some weight! But overall I think I had a pretty successful night, and was happy that a few of my friends were able to make it out. Oh speaking of which, I feel bad for the few friends that were turned away at the door because we actually sold out! Whoo Hoo! Oh and how could I forget the part where I got a really kick ass trophy at the end of the night for coming in 2nd in the Dames Karaoke Kristmas?

The after party was a lot of fun as well, as always. With plenty of dancing and horsing around. I sure do love my Stat Army friends.  This after party was a pretty sweet, new to me, bar called Small's in Hamtramck.  I am going to keep an eye on their Facebook page as I wouldn't mind seeing some other gigs there some day. 

I stayed the night in Ferndale again that Saturday, and that was a great idea as Hi-Death, his wife Robyn and I went up to Dino's Lounge for brunch the next morning.  All you can drink mimosas and bloody marys is just one reason to try them out, the other is the food!  We had a pretty great time, laughing and conversing and took a little stroll through the Rust Belt Market.  That was another thing I had been meaning to do in Ferndale and hadn't yet. 

All the while I was texting back and forth with Ian about getting out to see Quentin Tarantino's latest film, D'Jango Unchained. If you like Tarantino, I highly recommend this film. It just might be his best one yet! As a matter of fact, I loved it so much I downloaded the soundtrack on Thursday. And after listening to it all day, I came home and asked Mike if he wanted to go see it, and he actually said yes, so we did. And that's how I missed my own deadline.  I couldn't pass up that opportunity! Night out and a great movie? Yes Please!

No comments:

Post a Comment