Thursday, January 24, 2013

Pitzy Goes To The Hospital


The other week, I started getting that dreaded feeling in the back of my throat, the one that said there was nothing I could do about it, but I was going to wake up with a sinus infection. And I was right. I woke up with a stuffy, pounding head. I called into work, called my ENT and crawled right back into bed.

A little back story.  A few years back my co-worker noted that I always sound stuffy, and she suggested I see an Ear, Nose & Throat doctor. I went in 3 different times, in 3 consecutive months and each time I was handed a script for antibiotics and sent on my way. The fourth month, I was furious. We talked about my now chronic condition, and the ENT suggested I get a CT Scan and see an allergist.

I went into the hospital and got some images of my head taken, they diagnosed me with extensive chronic pansinusitis. Otherwise known as inflamed and swollen sinuses. I went to the allergist and after two allergy tests we determined I was allergic to cats.  I have had cats my whole life, and at the time had a cat, Garfield, that was my best friend.  There was no way I was getting rid of him, so I loaded on the drugs, and was able to keep my sinus troubles at bay.

That was until last year, everyone I know had sinus troubles last year and I was no exception.  So the other day when I was back in the office, the doctor suggest that I get a minor surgery done to go in and clear out all the ick and open my sinus cavities back up.  Better sooner than later. My surgery is scheduled for tomorrow, and I am more excited than nervous.  I am really hoping that this will be the end to my chronic sinus infections!

I will be in good hands in the OR that my own mother works at.  I should be done by noon and if I have any energy I will post an update.  

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me, Facebook me or leave a comment below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment